HOmemade Cinnamon Honey Granola
9 cups oats *see notes
1 cup organic honey (local is best)
1 cup organic coconut oil
1 t himalayan salt
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans, broken (optional)
- Preheat oven 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, salt, cinnamon, &pecans.
- In a small saucepan, mix together honey and coconut oil. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring to help break up clumps.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread onto 2 large baking sheets, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes for soft granola
- For a more cereal-like granola, stir granola and place back in over for another 10 min.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
*I did a mix of old fashioned oats and quick oats, about half and half, to add more texture and variety.
*If you want them a bit crunchier, try using a higher oven temp and check after 15 min
DIY Soup Mix
- 2 cup powdered milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbs chicken bouillon (see notes)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground hamburger meat
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup DIY soup mix (see notes below)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or water)
- 32 oz frozen tater tots
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix soup mix with almond milk and set aside.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture and soup mix.
- Top mixture with tater tots.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and tater tots are golden brown.